You've applied to become a foster, now what happens?
1. Your foster application will be reviewed. If you don't hear from us within three days, please send us an email.
2. A volunteer will call you to discuss your application and to arrange a home visit.
3. A volunteer will do your home visit. This is to meet you and ensure your living situation is appropriate for fostering a dog. If you have any other pets, it's helpful for us meet them. We'll also discuss what type/size dog you're interested in fostering.
4. As soon as we have a dog that matches your situation, we'll contact you to meet the dog and sign a foster contract.
5. NNKCR will provide whatever your foster dog needs. This includes food, a crate (if needed), monthly heartworm and flea/tick preventative, and vet visits (authorized by NNKCR).
6. Our foster coordinator will be in contact with you periodically to ensure things are going well, and to check if there's anything you need, including training advice.
7. You may be asked to bring your foster dog to occasional adoption events.